CAP is a leading independent consulting firm specializing in executive and director compensation and related corporate governance matters. Our consultants have served as independent adviser to Boards and senior management at many leading companies in the areas of compensation strategy, program design and in promoting sound corporate governance principles.
Requirements of the SEC’s Final Rules:
- the median of the annual total compensation of all employees, excluding the Principal Executive Officer (“PEO”), defined as A;
- the annual total compensation of the PEO, defined as B;
- the ratio of the amount in B to the amount in A, where A equals one, or alternatively, expressed narratively as a multiple
If A equals $50,000 and B equals $2,500,000, the pay ratio may be described as either “50 to 1” or “50:1” or the company may disclose that “the PEO’s annual total compensation is 50 times that of the median annual total compensation of all employees.”
- Reporting required for the first full fiscal year beginning on or after January 1 2017.
- For calendar year companies, this means the proxy statement for the 2018 Annual Meeting
Exclusions: Smaller reporting companies, foreign private issuers, MJDS filers, and emerging growth companies
For the full report, download our PDF above.