Often, new and existing clients reach out to CAP for professional compensation expertise in times of transitions and when conducting unique transactions. CAP has worked with a number of clients to restructure compensation programs to support organizational changes, including:
- CEO transitions, management team changes and new board members;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Value-realizing event such as IPOs and spin-offs;
- New rounds of financing;
- Restructuring or turnaround situations;
- Integration of new business units; and
- Strategic shifts.
CAP also works with startups and high-growth companies to implement more structured compensation programs. Often, high-growth companies have understaffed or decentralized human-resource (HR) functions where talent decisions have been made ad hoc. CAP can help such companies formalize compensation programs to support growth, motivate key talent, and minimize HR “fire drills,” while working within organizational constraints, such as conserving cash.